Reminder from GFL Regarding Trash & Recycling GuidelinesDate Posted: Wednesday, December 16th, 2020
Please see below for guidelines and reminders regarding trash and recycling services in the Town of Townsend, from GFL.
TRASH & RECYCLING GUIDELINES
- Please place containers at the curb the night before or no later than 7 a.m. on your scheduled pickup day.
- Pick up times are subject to change. Trash placed at the curb AFTER 7 am will not be picked up if the driver has already been through. Special arrangements may be made for an extra pickup. (Additional charges may apply)
- Please place the carts out to the curb with the wheels and handles facing the house and the lift bar facing the road. The carts should be clear of any obstructions such as mailboxes, cars, utility poles, garage doors, etc. The truck and driver must have clear access to the rollout carts.
- For a regular scheduled service your pick up includes (1) 95 – Gallon cart. Please call in to schedule an additional pickup for extra trash or bulk items. (Additional charges may apply)
- Please bag all trash.
- Recycling: Please break down or cut any large cardboard boxes and place all recyclable loose on the provided cart. No bags please
- If your pick up day falls on or after one of the following holidays your trash/recycle will be picked up one day after your normal day of service. If one of the holidays falls on a weekend your schedule will not be affected. All other holidays are run as normal.
- Closed-New Year’s Day
- Open-Martin Luther King, Jr Day
- Office Closed-Good Friday (Routes will be running as normal)
- Closed-Memorial Day
- Closed-July 4th
- Closed-Labor Day
- Closed-Thanksgiving Day
- Closed-Christmas Day
PLEASE DO NOT HESITATE TO CALL GFL IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS 302-378-5400
Please click on the link below to view additional guidelines: